Vacancy: Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Promotional and Shopper Marketing (Leeds)
We're looking for someone at Senior Account Manager level or above with significant FMCG/promotions/retail/shopper experience. We need you to be very familiar working within a, vibrant, fast-paced agency environment and client side experience would also be really useful.
You are likely to have managed large client accounts and can demonstrate how you have contributed to their growth.
You'll be IPM qualified and know the promotional approaches and techniques that work and how they're best executed, whether that be on-pack, in-store, at home or on the go. You will work in our account handling team alongside our other talented teams, including creative and production, to propose and deliver award winning profitable campaigns. Comfortable and experienced in all agency processes you'll be involved from concept through to implementation.
To be successful in this role you need to be able to demonstrate significant FMCG and retail experience in promotional and shopper marketing and be passionate and successful in winning new business contracts at 50k+.
You'll also excel in all elements of financial monitoring and reporting.
So what's in it for you? Well, you get to work for a great, friendly, well established agency in the leafy suburbs of Leeds. Brass are a results-driven communications agency with specialist skills across all marketing disciplines. The Communications team at Brass are at the heart of the agency providing marketing solutions for big blue-chip brands. Our team works with some of the biggest names in FMCG, Finance, Travel and Retail. Our work covers a spectrum of possibilities from promotions, shopper, advertising, digital and PR. Many of our clients are long-standing and many of our campaigns are fully integrated. Brands we work on include McVities, Mission Foods, ASDA, Weetabix, Kerry Foods, Tangerine Confectionery, First Milk, Yorkshire Building Society and Hammonds.
If you think you've got the right ingredients send your CV and a one-page covering letter to
email@example.com detailing why you are suitable for the role.
Please also indicate your salary expectations.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Vacancy: Account Director - Print and Publishing Team (Leeds)
The primary function of the role is to manage all aspects of the relationship with clients, encompassing overall strategy and development and an active role in the planning and delivery of work.
The additional functions include:
- Contributing to, and running, new business pitches and proposals in support of the Team Leader.
- Team management, including review, training and development of staff in conjunction with Team Leader in new techniques and processes, especially digital applications.
- Delivering commercial results: managing yearly budgets and quarterly forecasts, and ensuring estimates and invoicing is completed accurately and on time, and client profitability against targets is achieved.
Reports to: Team Leader - Print and Publishing Team.
Reports for: All staff within the Account Management Team.
Internal Relationships: The Director of Production and his team / Other Brass departments.
External: All existing and potential clients and suppliers of services to the team.
Retain and develop the existing clients of the Team.
Motivate, manage and develop the Account Management Team.
Support the Team Leader in the preparation and delivery of new pitches and proposals.
Assist in the development of inter departmental relationships for mutual gain.
Broaden and enhance the departmental skill sets.
Cooperate with the Production Team in the delivery of the client expectation.
Key knowledge and skill sets to be demonstrated
The jobholder is required to be a:
- strong leader - to motivate and manage others to deliver against the commercial and operational demands of the business.
- good administrator - with an eye for detail and ability to ensure systems and procedures are followed.
- an excellent communicator - able to resolve issues, present ideas and gain support and commitment to ideas and plans through positive influence.
- and digitally savvy with an understanding of content management systems.
Authority and initiative
The authority of the job-holder is dependent on the depth of customer understanding and knowledge of internal requirements. It will require consultation with the Team Leader from time to time but preferably not every time!
Having the ultimate responsibility for the client requirements may require sensitive negotiation with the Production Team from time to time.
The job-holder will travel to client meetings with some requirement for overnight stays.
How the job-holder's performance will be measured
- Sales from existing clients and the widening of the services provided.
- Achievement against new business targets.
- Maintenance of profitability and effective supply of commercial information.
- Building the reputation of the Team internally and externally.
Nature and scope
The job-holder along with the Director of Production and the Administration Manager are currently the three direct reports to the Team Leader.
The Team Leader desires to spend the bulk of their time on new business opportunities and, accordingly, will rely on the job-holder to maintain and develop profitable, long term client relationships.
The Team is one of a number of departments in the company. It is a developing relationship between the various sections and the potential synergy between them is yet to be exploited.
It is desirable for the job-holder to demonstrate initiative, a positive approach and enthusiasm. The Team highly prizes staff for having a caring and professional approach to the duties they perform.
No agencies please.