We understand that your privacy is important, and we’ll do anything to protect it
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Brass Agency Limited of Moorfield House, Alma Road, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 2AH.
If you have any questions, please give us a call on +44 (0) 113 230 4000 or drop us an email at email@example.com.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 09/12/2013.
What we may collect
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.BrassAgency.com (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you make an enquiry about our products, services or offers, place an order with us, respond to one of our customer surveys, or report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, job title, address, e-mail address, phone number and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
What we do with the information we gather
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to keep our internal record up to date;
- to contact you by email, phone, fax or post;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or that we feel may interest you;
- to improve our products and services;
- to customise the website according to your interests;
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to identify your preferences and interests;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We do not usually use any personal data we collect for marketing purposes or disclose personal data to any third parties. If we intend to use your personal data for such purposes we will inform you before collecting your data. You can ‘opt- out’ at any time by contacting us at Moorfield House, Alma Road, Headingley, Leeds, LS6 2AH or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you follow a link on our website to another website, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.