We are looking for a talented and ambitious Senior Developer to join our create department. The successful candidate will lead the development team in building a wide variety of digital projects, from large web applications through to custom APIs and web services. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring tech lead to join an award-winning agency.
• Extensive knowledge of a PHP frameworks and/or Content Management Systems. (e.g. Drupal, WordPress, Symfony, Laravel)
• A complete understanding of HTTP protocols, request objects and RESTful methodologies.
• Knowledge and experience of OOP, MVC and/or other design patterns.
• Strong understanding of Git-based source control
• Experience writing unit tests (PHPUnit, PHPSpec)
• Adept in using composer and PSR auto loading techniques
• Experience working with MySQL, MariaDB and/or other database platforms
• Experience in using Grunt, Gulp and/or webpack
• Experience in using Sass and/or Less
• Experience estimating and planning new system requirements
• Exposure or appreciation of agile development practices
• Exposure or appreciation of user experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
It would also be advantageous if you can demonstrate skills in the following:
• Exposure to C# and the .NET framework
• Experience with Umbraco CMS
• Experience with Linux/Apache
• Experience in app development (Native and/or using phone gap, titanium or a similar framework)
• Experience mentoring and assisting junior developers
• Experience with Jenkins or other CI systems
The role will include:
• Crafting award-winning front-end experiences where form and function meet design and motion
• Implementing and extending back-end functionality using Content management systems and Frameworks (WordPress, Drupal, Laravel, Symfony)
• Using the latest technologies to build custom applications and web services
• Supporting Junior developers – passing on knowledge, contributing to code reviews
• Experimenting with new technologies and frameworks to assist the development process
If you’re passionate about digital creativity and want to join a development team in this fast moving and creatively challenging industry, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com with your name and the reference “Senior Developer” in the email subject.